Swauk Cemetery is its official name, but it has also been known incorrectly as Swauk Prairie Cemetery. It is a tiny private cemetery with several pioneer families and is maintained by the families. The first grave is that of Mary Evans who died in 1884. It has approximately 212 graves of which 25 or so have not been identified; some graves are unmarked. The cemetery has been charted and records are kept. The land was purchased from the Northern Pacific Railroad in 1902. It is located in the NE 1/4 of the NE 1/4 of Section 29, Township 20 N, Range 17 E.